Table of Contents
Trạng từ trong tiếng Anh là từ loại được dùng để bổ nghĩa cho tính từ, động từ, một trạng từ khác hay cho cả câu.
Sau đây, caubinhan.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn tài liệu Bài tập về trạng từ trong tiếng Anh có đáp án chi tiết kèm theo. Đây là tài liệu vô cùng bổ ích, bao gồm nhiều dạng bài tập khác nhau giúp các bạn củng cố kiến thức tiếng Anh và đạt được kết quả cao trong các kì thi sắp tới. Chúc các bạn học tập tốt.
Bài tập về trạng từ trong Tiếng Anh có đáp án
Exercise 1: Khoanh tròn vào câu trả lời đúng
1. He doesn’t get up early on Sundays. He gets up_______
2. The write can’t see aunt Licy_______ He’s having breakfast.
3. He was a friendly waiter. He spoke to the writer_______
b. as friends
c. like friends
d. in a friendly ways
4. He spent the whole day in his room. He was in his room _______
a. the whole
b. the all
c. all day
d. all of
5. Bill is a harder worker. He works_______ than Joe.
b. more hard
c. more hardly
6. Every year the writer_______ enters for the garden competition.
7. The writer had_______ reached the town when the young man spoke.
d. just as
8. She couldn’t find her bag. It wasn’t _______
9. Do you still want them? Do you_______ want them?
10. Both girls write to each other regularly. They write_______
d. now again
11. They will travel faster. They will travel_______
b. more quickly
12. Why did they kick the ball so_______?
13. That was all she remembered. She couldn’t remember_______
a. some more
b. any more
c. no more
d. none more
14. Ted has been worried all week and he’s_______ worried.
d. any more
15. The car was easy to recognize so it wasn’t _______ difficult for the police to catch the thieves.
16. He got such a fright. He was_______ frightened.
c. such as
d. a so
17. It was more than he could bear. he couldn’t bear it_______
c. any longer
d. no more
18. He had hardly had time to settle down_______ he had settled down.
a. no sooner
b. as soon as
19. We were very much surprised. We were_______ surprised.
d. the most
20. He brought almost everything in the window. He brought_______
1. Disguises can be too perfect. This means they can be_______
b. quite perfect
c. more perfect than is necessary
d. almost perfect
2. It was too small. It wasn’t_______
a. enough big
b. big enough
c. fairly big
d. rather big
3. It was not long before a helicopter arrived. It arrived_______
b. soon afterwards
d. much later
4. They haven’t decided yet. They are_______ undecided
5. Everybody around him was smoking; _______ smoking.
a. they was all
b. they all was
c. they were all
d. all of them was
6. I used to travel a great deal. I used travel_______
a. every many
b. a great number
c. very much
d. how much
7. He was rather elderly. He was_______
a. very old
b. quite old
c. too old
d. old enough
8. It has slowed down considerably. It had slowed down_______
d. a lot
9. _______ Mendoza met Humphries, he lost again.
a. on a second occasion
b. for the second time
c. at a later date
d. the next time
10. She went_______ to fetch the porter.
a. down to the basement
b. below to his basement
c. from his basement
d. along to the basement
11. _______ every industry in our modern world requires the work engineers.
12. He used to live five kilometers from school and ride a bicycle to school everyday. Last month his family moved to the school neighbourhood. He now walks to school. He_______ rides a bicycle to school.
b. no longer
c. not yet
d. not again
13. _______ of the two boys went on a picnic yesterday. They _______ stayed home and watched the Omlypic games on TV.
a. Both/ either
c. Both/ neither
d. Neither/ either
14. Indicate the two same sentences.
a. He works hard in the factory
b. He works hardly in the factory
c. He is at hard work in the factory
d. a and c
15. Mary sang_______
16. A terrible fire spread_______ through the old house.
b. more quick
17. A small child cried_______ in the third row of the theatre.
18. He responded to my question_______
a. in polite
19. A breeze_______ touched my face.
d. in gently
20. Mr. Brown comes to the store_______ for cheese and bread.
Exercise 3: Find the adjective in the first sentence and fill in the blanks with the corresponding adverb.
1. James is careful. He drives____________.
2. The girl is slow. She walks____________.
3. Her English is perfect. She speaks English____________.
4. Our teacher is angry. She shouts____________.
5. My neighbor is a loud speaker. He speaks____________.
6. He is a bad writer. He writes____________.
7. Jane is a nice guitar player. He plays the guitar____________.
8. He is a good painter. He paints____________.
9. She is a quiet girl. She does her job____________.
10. This exercise is easy. You can do it____________.
Exercise 4. Fill in the blanks with suitable adverbs from the box. Write the kind of adverb against each sentence. The same adverb can be used more than once.
1. I …………….. go to bed at 10 o’clock. (………….)
2. I have …………. been to the USA. (………….)
3. I have been to Australia just ………….. (………….)
4. I ………….. take a bath before I go to bed. (………….)
5. My grandparents live in Kerala. I visit them …………… (………….)
6. My friends are ………… non-smokers. (………….)
7. I was …………… impressed with her performance. (………….)
8. I ………….. go for a walk in the park. (………….)
9. I watch English films …………. (………….)
10. They …………. go out. (………….)
Exercise 5: Complete the following with suitable adverbs. Choose from the given box.
1. I have ………………….. finished.
2. He is ………………… clever.
3. There is …………………. something wrong.
4. ……………….. I think I should take a long break.
5. ………………… her train is late.
6. He is ……………….. late for work.
7. She is ……………….. the right person for the job.
8. Have you ………………. wanted to run away?
9. You can see lots of flowers ……………….
10. They are ………………… beautiful.
Exercise 6: Rewrite the complete sentence using the adverb of frequency in brackets in its correct position.
1. They go to the movies. (often)
2. She listens to classical music. (rarely)
3. He reads the newspaper. (sometimes)
4. Sara smiles. (never)
5. She complains about her husband. (always)
6. I drink coffee. (sometimes)
7. Frank is ill. (often)
8. He feels terrible (usually)
9. I go jogging in the morning. (always)
10. She helps her daughter with her homework. (never)
11. We watch television in the evening. (always)
12. I smoke. (never)
13. I eat meat. (seldom)
14. I eat vegetables and fruits. (always)
Exercise 7. Complete the sentences with the best adverb.
1. Come here ____________. You have to see this!
2. We knew that she had got the job when we saw her _________ talking on the phone.
3. He ______________ put the vase on the table. It fell to the floor.
4. Sharon is throwing a party on Saturday. She ___________ finished her PhD.
5. Let’s walk ________________. I don’t want to be the first one at the meeting.
6. Alex _____________ put up the bookshelves. It was too difficult for me to do on my own.
7. Every thing happened so ______________. We had to move to California in less than a month.
8. Why does he always have to talk so ____________. You can hear him in the next room!
9. Although she speaks five languages, she did not do ___________ on the translation exam.
10. I was so surprised. His new apartment was _____________ decorated.
Exercise 8. Complete the sentence using an adjective or adverb.
1. He’s always in a rush. I don’t understand why he walks so ____________ (quick/quickly).
2. I prefer studying in the library. It’s always_______________ (quiet/quietly).
3. Michael __________ (happy/happily) took the assistant job. He had been looking for a position all summer.
4. Marta dances _____________ (beautiful/beautifully). She’s been taking ballet since she was five years old.
5. They speak French very ____________ (good/well). They lived in France for two years.
6. My neighbor always plays ___________ (loud/loudly) music on the weekends. It’s so annoying.
7. Please be __________ (careful/carefully) in the hallway. The walls have just been painted.
8. Dan is very smart, but he is not a very___________ (good/well) student.
9. He reacted __________ (angry/angrily) to the news. I have never seen him so upset.
10. We didn’t ______________ (complete/completely) understand the teacher’s instructions. Most of us did not finish the assignment.
1. James is careful. He drives
2. The girl is slow. She walks
3. Her English is perfect. She speaks English
4. Our teacher is angry. She shouts
5. My neighbor is a loud He speaks loudly.
6. He is a bad He writes badly.
7. Jane is a niceguitar player. He plays the guitar nicely.
8. He is a good He paints well.
9. She is a quiet She does her job quietly.
10. This exercise is easy. You can do it easily.
1. I usuallygo to bed at 10 o’clock. (adverb of frequency)
2. I have neverbeen to the USA. (frequency adverb)
3. I have been to Australia just once.(frequency)
4. I alwaystake a bath before I go to bed. (frequency)
5. My grandparents live in Kerala. I visit them often.(frequency)
6. My friends are mostlynon-smokers. (focusing adverb)
7. I was veryimpressed with her performance. (degree adverb)
8. I sometimesgo for a walk in the park. (frequency adverb)
9. I watch English films occasionally. (frequency adverb)
10. They rarelygo out. (frequency adverb)
1. I have almostfinished.
2. He is veryclever.
3. There is clearlysomething wrong.
4. I sometimesthink I should take a long break.
5. Perhapsher train is late.
6. He is seldomlate for work.
7. She is certainlythe right person for the job.
8. Have you everwanted to run away?
9. You can see lots of flowers there.
10. They are verybeautiful.
1. They often go to the movies. (often)
2. She rarely listens to classical music. (rarely)
3. He sometimes reads the newspaper. (sometimes)
4. Sara neversmiles. (never)
5. She always complains about her husband. (always)
6. I drink sometimes coffee. (sometimes)
7. Frank often is ill. (often)
8. He usually feels terrible (usually)
9. I always go jogging in the morning. (always)
10. She never helps her daughter with her homework. (never)
11. We always watch television in the evening. (always)
12. I never smoke. (never)
13. I seldom eat meat. (seldom)
14. I always vegetables and fruits. (always)