Table of Contents
Bài tập thực hành ngữ pháp tiếng Anh IELTS là tài liệu vô cùng hữu ích mà caubinhan.com muốn giới thiệu đến quý thầy cô cùng các bạn học sinh tham khảo. Qua tài liệu này sẽ giúp các bạn nhanh chóng nâng cao kiến thức, học tốt tiếng Anh. Chúc bạn thành công!
Bài tập thực hành ngữ pháp tiếng Anh IELTS
Exercise 1: Chọn đáp án đúng nhất để điền vào chỗ trống trong mỗi câu sau.
1. I think most children are creative enough to write ………. poems.
2. It is necessary ………… forests.
C. to protect
3. They made their living by ………. fish in the ocean every day.
B. to catch
4. I suggest………….. to the movies.
C. to go
5. I have sent you a lot of letters but you have never been…………………
6. The cost of ………… is very high in big cities.
7. The next stage in the development of television is ……………TV.
8. By learning English, you can get access to the world’s……………
9. Hurry up, or you won’t…………………. the last bus.
10. Let’s wait…………..the rain stops.
Exercise 2: Cho dạng đúng của các từ trong ngoặc để tạo thành một bài IELTS Writing Task 2 hoàn chỉnh.
Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.
Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.
People everywhere like watching sports. Many top (1-athletics)__________are admired throughout their countries, and some even have fans all around the world. Young people especially, view many athletes as role models and want to emulate the way these stars dress, act and live their lives. While some athletes aren’t deserving of their “role model” status, others act like role models and (2-responsibility)___________ community (3-citizenship)___________.
Top athletes get the attention of (4-youth)___________people. Most children and teenagers like to follow professional sports. For many of them, star athletes represent heroes, and children want to be like their heroes. This means they will want to play sports, which is good for their (5-healthy)______________. Playing sports also teaches (6-value)_____________life lessons such as teamwork, discipline, goal setting, and the realities of dealing with success and failure. Professional athletes demonstrate the importance of working hard to achieve a goal, or practicing (7-regular)_____________ to become good at something. This is a good example for children to follow.
However, professional athletes are not always good role models. For one thing, when young athletes reach a level of fame, it comes with media attention, large (8-finance)__________benefits and social attention. This can lead children to believe that money and fame are an important part of sports. Children might focus more on these aspects than on the fun of the game or on the challenge of learning how to play (9-good)______________. Then there are those athletes who behave badly. For example, some cheat to win their games or take drugs to improve their performance. This kind of behavior sends the wrong message to children.
Athletes are people who are held at a lofty place in the society owing to their popularity and wealth. These attributes are what makes people want to look up to them and model various facets of their lives along those of the athletes. We can thus be led to conclude that (10-profession)__________ athletes can be very good role models for children, as long as they focus on the positive aspects of playing sports.
Exercise 3: Có 3 lỗi sai trong đoạn văn sau đây. Tìm và sửa chúng để tạo thành một bài IELTS Speaking Part 3 hoàn chỉnh.
I think managers need to train their employees to deliver greatly customer service. There are lots of things that staff members can do, such as ensuring that customers are greeted in the right way, their problems are handled quick, and they are asked for feedback. For example, the staff in my favorite cafe greet customers as soon as they come through the door, and they always check that we are happier before we leave.
Exercise 4: Chọn đáp án đúng nhất điền vào mỗi chỗ trống dưới đây.
People have five senses. We have a sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and taste. Believe (1) _____, your sense of smell is very important. Our nose tells us about our environment. When your nose smells something, it sends information to the brain. Smells tell us if there is danger nearby, or if there is something to eat. Of course, these tools were more useful in the past, but they still come (2) _____ today.
The things you smell can affect your (3) _____. If you smell something nice, you are more likely to be happy. On the other hand, if you smell something unpleasant, you are more likely to be unhappy. That is (4) _____ there are so many businesses that work to create nice scents. Businesses also work on the best ways to deliver scents to people’s noses. Candles (5) _____ a whole room smell better. Oils and soaps also have health benefits.
A. your luck
C. it or not
D. a word of it
A. in use
B. in hand
D. in handy
Exercise 5: Viết lại các câu sau sao cho nghĩa không đổi.
1. The furniture was so expensive that I didn’t buy it.
=> The furniture was too………………………………………………….
2. Tom learned to drive when he was nineteen.
=> Tom has………………………………………………………………..
3. We couldn’t drive because of the fog.
=> The fog prevented……………………………………………………….
4. The cake was so hard so I couldn’t cut it.
=> It was…………………………………………………………………….
5. I can’t cook as well as my mother does.
=> My mother…………………………………………………………………
Exercise 6: Chọn đáp án đúng nhất cho mỗi câu sau.
1. Mr. Pike was a ________. He had a large collection of musical instruments.
2. It’s ___________ to call her at night.
3. The “Ao dai” is the __________ dress of Vietnamese women.
4. I ________ English here since I graduated from university.
B. have taught
C. am teaching
5. Wearing uniform helps students __________equal in many ways.
6. It seems difficult for us ___________ abroad at the moment.
C. to go
7. There used __________ a stadium here, but it closed a long time ago.
A. to be
8. I come from Viet Nam so I am not used to ___________ on the left.
9. It’s dangerous __________ in this river.
B. to swim
10. Eating too much fast food can lead ______serious diseases such as diabetes.
Exercise 7: Chọn đáp án đúng nhất ở mỗi chỗ trống để điền vào đoạn văn sau.
Here are tips that help succeed in your job interview:
Always arrive early. If you do not know (1) ______ the organization is located, call for exact directions (2) ______ advance. Leave some extra time for any traffic, parking, or (3) ______ events. If you are running late, call right away and let someone know. The best time to arrive is approximately 5 – 10 minutes early. Give (4) ______ the time to read your resume one more time, to catch your breath, and to be ready for the interview. Once you are at the office, treat everyone you encounter with respect. Be (5) ______ to everyone as soon as you walk in the door.
Wear a professional business suit. This point should be emphasized enough. First (6) ______ are extremely important in the interview process. Women should (7) ______ wearing too much jewelry or make up. Men should avoid flashy suits or wearing too much perfume. It is (8) ______ important that you feel comfortable. While a suit is the standard interview attire in a business environment, if you think it is (9) ______ informal environment, call before and ask. Regardless, you can never be overdressed (10) ______ you are wearing a tailored suit.
D. no article
A. as if
Exercise 8: Cho dạng đúng của các từ trong ngoặc để hoàn thiện đoạn văn sau.
In our lives, we (1-travel)_________from one place to another for a great variety of reasons and while travelling we greatly (2-depend)___________on cars, whether it is a private car or a public bus. The number of car owners (3-increase)____________every day because every person expects the freedom to travel and comfort while travelling. And that is why most of us want to own a car. However, owning a car has many advantages and disadvantages as well.
The main advantage of owning a car is that it gives the freedom to travel. If you have a car then you (4-no need)___________ to be limited to fixed routes and timetables. Moreover, a car-owner can take is/her family members with him/her and other necessary goods whenever he/she wishes which might have been impossible otherwise. In addition, personal cars (5-give)___________comfort while travelling on the contrary to the public buses which are so crowded and disgusting. You can read books, listen to music or even can play with kids while you are in your own car but those all seems to be impossible in a public transport. On the contrary, owning a car is very expensive. The price of the car, the cost of the tax, insurance cost, fuel cost, driver’s salary, car repairing etc. all must be considered before (6-buy)__________a car and that is why it is out of reach of the middle-class people.
Moreover, private cars can not carry many passengers at a time yet occupy spaces in the street. As the number of cars is increasing in the road so does the traffic jam. Perhaps the major disadvantage of cars, in general, is the huge damage they do to the human health and to the environment. More cars (7-mean)____________more pollution. The environment pollution is a serious issue today and at any cost, we must reduce the amount of pollution and if we consider it then owning a car is never a good idea.
To sum up, (8-have)______________ a car gives someone freedom but if public transportation system is easily accessible, safe and efficient, then the idea of buying and owning a car should be abandoned.
Exercise 9: Cho dạng đúng của các từ trong ngoặc sau đây để tạo thành câu có nghĩa.
1. Pollution is a treat to the ____________ environment. (globe)
2.___________ of the new aircraft will start next year. (produce)
3. Wealth had not brought them __________. (happy)
4. France was a ____________ power. (colony)
5. She was very ____________: she writes poetry and paints. (create)
Exercise 10: Đoạn văn sau đây chứa 5 lỗi sai. Tìm và sửa chúng để tạo thành một bài IELTS Writing Task 1 hoàn chỉnh.
Participation in cultural activities, by age
All aged 16 and over
Undertaking any crafts
Any visual arts
* Dancing, singing, playing musical instruments and acting
The table shows details of participate in a variety of cultural activities over a year, according to the age of the participants.
Overall, any performance, which includes dancing, singing, playing music instruments and acting, had the highest level of participation, with 22% of respondents participating in the previous 12 month. By contrast, computer-based activities had the lowest level of participation (6 per cent).
People aged between 45 and 74 years old were most likely to undertake any activity to do with crafts (22 per cent), while performances were more likely to be participated in by those aged 16 to 24 (35 per cent). The differences between age groups were particularly marked in the case of visual arts and writing categories, where participation rates are around three times higher for younger people than for the older ones. It is clear from the evidence that aging plays a significant role in the popularity of the cultural activities listed.
Exercise 11: Cho dạng đúng của những từ sau để tạo thành câu hoàn chỉnh
1. He seems to be very proud of his……………… (achieve)
2. I don’t really like………………..cold weather because it will be hard for me to wake up early. (freeze)
3. It was extremely ……………… of you to leave your library books on the bus. (care)
4. Mary’s beginning to grow out of his jeans. I’d better …………….. them for him this weekend. (long)
5. Jimmy is a very ………………student in his class. (energy)
6. Thousands of people turned up for the Pop Festival where the main ………….was Bob Dylan. (attract)
7. I spent my …………… in the country. (child)
8. Many people still refuse to believe that smoking is …………… (harm)
9. He is probably the most ……………….. tennis player of all time. (success)
10. If you are ……………… when you write your composition, you will probably get a good grade. (care)
Exercise 12: Cho dạng đúng của những động từ sau để tạo thành một bài IELTS Writing Task 1 hoàn chỉnh.
The chart below shows figures for attendances at hospital emergency care departments in Northern Ireland by age group in December 2016 and December 2017.
Attendances at emergency care departments per 1000-population
The bar chart (1-compare)___________ the number of visits (2-make)___________ by people in six age categories to hospital emergency wards in Northern Ireland in the December of 2016 and 2017.
It is clear that elderly people and the youngest children (3-be)___________ the most frequent visitors to A&E (accident and emergency) departments. Also, there (4-be)___________ a slight increase in the rate of emergency care attendances among all six age groups from December 2016 to December 2017.
Looking first at the older age groups, roughly 65 out of every 1000 people (5-age)___________ 75 and over attended A&E wards in December 2016, and this rose to almost 70 attendances per 1000-population one year later. Interestingly, those aged 65 to 74 (6-be)___________ less than half as likely to require emergency treatment, with around 30 attendances per 1000-population in both months.
At the other end of the age scale, the figures for A&E visits by under-5s (7-rise)___________ marginally from around 50 to approximately 52 per 1000-population over the one-year period. Children aged 5 to 15 (8-make)___________ the fewest visits, at just over 20 per 1000-population in both months. Finally, there was almost no difference in the figures for emergency care attendances among people aged 16 to 44, 45 to 64 and 65 to 74.
Exercise 13: Chọn đáp án đúng nhất điền vào mỗi chỗ trống trong đoạn văn sau.
In the home a dad is very important. He is the (1) ______ who provides us with money to feed and clothe ourselves. He can decorate your bedroom, mend your radio, make cages for your pets, repair a puncture in your bicycle tyre and help you with maths homework. A dad can be very useful for (2) ______ you in the car to and from parties, music and dancing lessons.
A dad is the person whom you ask for pocket money. He is the one who (3) ______ about the time you spend talking on the phone, as he has to pay for the bills. Dad is someone who will support you in a(n) (4) ______ , if he believes you to be right. He is someone who reads your school (5) ______ and treats if it is good. A dad likes to come into a nice happy home evening, and settle back in his chair with a newspaper.
2. A. bringing
Exercise 14: Chọn đáp án đúng nhất để điền vào mỗi câu sau.
1. I suggest ………….. to the movies.
C. to go
2. I have sent you a lot of letters but you have never been …………………
3. The cost of ………… is very high in big cities.
4. The next stage in the development of television is ……………TV.
5. By learning English, you can get access to the world’s …………….
6. Hurry up, or you won’t ………………….. the last bus.
7. He can swim and …………….. can I.
8. Let’s wait ………….. the rain stops.
9. ……………. this street, you will see my school on the left.
10. What have fashion designers …………… to modernise the Ao dai?
Exercise 15: Viết lại những câu sau sao cho nghĩa không đổi.
1. Reading scientific books is one of my interests.
=> I’m . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ….
2. Unless he phones her immediately, he won’t get any information.
=> If . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
3. The garage is going to repair the car for us next week.
=> We are going to . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
4. The news was so wonderful that she decided to have a celebration.
=> It was . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
5. It’s very difficult to leave here after such a long time.
=> It isn’t . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
6. I’m always nervous when I face a lot of people.
=> Facing. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
7. How long is it since they bought the house?
=> When . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .?
8. My best friend is a very excellent student. His name is Minh.
=> My best friend . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . …
9. John gave his mother a special present on her birthday.
=> A special present. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
10. The owners of companies are usually very rich.
=> The people . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
1. greatly => great
2. quick => quickly
3. happier => happy
1. The furniture was too expensive for me to buy.
2. Tom has driven since he was nineteen.
3. The fog prevented us from driving.
4. It was such a hard cake that I couldn’t cut it.
5. My mother cooks better than I do.
3. is increasing/ increases
4. don’t need
1. participate => participation
2. music => musical
3. month => months
4. are => were
5. aging => age
1. I’m interested in reading scientific books.
2. If he doesn’t phone her immediately, he won’t get any information.
3. We are going to have the car repaired by the garage next week.
4. It was such wonderful news that she decided to have a celebration.
5. It isn’t easy to leave here after such a long time.
6. Facing a lot of people always makes me nervous.
7. When did they buy the house?
8. My best friend is a very excellent student. His name is Minh.
My best friend, whose name is Minh, is a very excellent student.
9. John gave his mother a special present on her birthday.
A special present was given to John’s mother by him on her birthday.
10. The people who own companies are usually very rich.